Friday 4 December 2009

amplification - transliterate juggling artist

Well this whole week has been well eye opening -I have lost count of the new skills techniques etc I have learnt in being 'amplified' and being 'transliterate' this is something I have always seemed to always do and still want do more importantly learning this stuff for me is two things at the moment I am juggling people ideas project so many different needs demands and challenges, priorites etc is sometimes I think something will drop but I am non plussed about that - as I am busy planting seeds that I visualise blooming and blossoming in in due course at this particular time of year my creative mojo really gets motoring so I go with it - there were and always will be inevitably doldrum periods - so when it flows I go with it and see what happens often synchroncity becomes more explicit and can maximise and so on..so.... how about that arts funding application which is so key I am at the section on how you are going to do your project-i.e. where is your audience and how to get them ? it was useful to sit down and think about every contact person, group, organization, network etc you would contact and the different ways you would do this in order interest and engage them in your work to then display this in a grid as an outline strategy to be built up on by someone else later on - the applcation proposal is nearly at an end it feels a bit like coming to the end of a play I had written or something- it ultimately has been a rewarding task in so far as the opportunties it has afforded for self knowlege/awarenes and the auditing process however I try to imagine Frida Kahlo, Josephine Baker or even Miss Lou (who was trained at RADA ) engaged in similar activity but this makes me laugh as back in the day artists would at the very least invitations sent out , mostly done by the impressarios, the agents middle men, literary salons and patrons, art dealers etc. it still is though about who you know - for myself it all part of the process I am sure not all artists pass this way- i.e. ininvolved in so many aspects as opposed to just making their art - but I know others have like Segun le French and specifically other women artists I encounter on line and off line - the wealth of new ideas generated alone though that some how it feeds into the work the project i.e the way I am gradually experiencing social media, the web as wholly intergral to the work and project in so many ways e.g. my subtle changes in language and my conceptions as an artist -communciation is critical for me so I do use technological analogies, even in every day speech and then transform them back into words and images that are more organic I think I enjoy doing that- so even more juggling

No comments:

Post a Comment