Thursday 13 January 2011

Being a Writer On The Page & The Money Goddess

I gave Simon a poem of mine the The Bath, following a conversation we had on character development, staging and retrospective narrative. In particular old age , being infirm and the moment close to death. He highlighted a number of themes, he picked up 'by reading on the page' i.e the poem, namely the dialectic, ying/yang of ;- shadow, nemeisis , 'kushti bok woman' character (wise spiritual, philosophical ?) I had written in the back story for this project . I explained my own awareness, of recurring themes loss, abandonement, illness/afflictions of all kinds, alienation, parental issues, sex etc He assured me, this is quite as it should be for a writer. As what is on the page, is a representation of the inner/outer world of the writer. I agreed and added ,that the spice of your own experiences and other peoples, is the launch pad for your imagination. I have reviewed much of my previous writing and all of the above is confirmed. This seemed some how really very important - to give defintion to my work to date in some way ... In terms of someone else reading it on the page and the way they interpret meaning etc. for themselves. It seemed to me that I had not really thought about this aspect t enough previously maybe i.e. the possible transparency of self in your written work. Also today I met a lovely Money Goddess - i.e. a professional fundraiser - to join the story of this project at this point. For which I am hoping for the happiest of endings - so much relief joy and excitement at the propspect of working together

No comments:

Post a Comment